Chevrolet Fan Appreciation Night Rules & Regulations
2019-20 Vancouver Giants Fan Appreciation Game Sweepstakes
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
Open to residents of British Columbia only
Please read these official contest rules (the “Rules”) in their entirety before entering this contest (the “Contest”). Do not enter the Contest unless you agree to these Rules. Participation in the Contest constitutes full and unconditional agreement and acceptance of these Rules which are final on all matters relating to the Contest.
- HOW TO ENTER THE CONTEST: Entrants must enter the Contest by submitting an Online Entry (each defined below) following the method(s) set forth in this paragraph. No purchase is necessary to enter the Contest. To enter through Chevrolet or the Vancouver Giants, entrants must complete the online form on the Vancouver Giants website. To enter through White Spot Restaurants, entrants must fill out the form on the White Spot website. All winning entrants from each party will be contacted prior to the Vancouver Giants Fan Appreciation Game on March 20th, 2020.
- CONTEST ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open only to residents of British Columbia 19 or older at the time of entry who possess a valid driver’s license, and excludes all employees (current and retired) of The Vancouver Giants and their associated entities (the “Sponsors”), its advertising and promotional agencies, General Motors of Canada Company, BC Chevrolet dealers, and the parents, subsidiaries, White Spot Restaurants and associated entities and subsidiaries, affiliates, representatives and agents of the aforementioned parties, and a member of any such employee’s immediate family (regardless of where they live) or persons with whom they are domiciled (whether related to the employee or not). In these Rules, “immediate family” includes mother, father, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters, partner or spouse. The Sponsors reserve the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsors – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any entry or other information entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with these Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of the Sponsor within the timeline specified by the Sponsor may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor.
- CONTEST CLOSE DATE: To be eligible, entries must be received within the contest period from Sunday, December 22nd, 2019 through to Wednesday, March 18th 2020. All entries must be received on or before 6:00 PM (PT) on March 18th, 2020 (the “Contest Close Date”). In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by photo identification.
- GRAND PRIZE DESCRIPTION: There is one (1) grand prize consisting of one (1) new 2019 Chevrolet Trax (the “Vehicle”). The approximate estimated value of the Vehicle is $20,800.00 including freight and PDI, excluding taxes. The winner is solely responsible for paying all expenses which are not included in the Vehicle description above, including but not limited to: registration and licensing fees, insurance, and all other costs incurred in claiming, registering, or using the Vehicle, unless any expenses are otherwise already paid by Sponsor.
- PRIZE SUBSTITUTION: The Vehicle is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, non-refundable, has no cash surrender value, and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute the Vehicle with another vehicle of equivalent or greater value or of a different model year, without liability and for any reason including, but not limited to: production delays caused by labour disruptions, parts shortages, adverse weather conditions or other unforeseen events, or any other reasons.
- DELIVERY OF THE VEHICLE: The winner of the Vehicle must take delivery of the Vehicle from a BC Chevrolet dealership designated by the Sponsor. Once the winner has been notified that the Vehicle is at the designated Chevrolet dealership for delivery (“Delivery Notice”), he/she must take possession of the Vehicle within four (4) weeks of the Delivery Notice or the Vehicle will be forfeited and there will be no liability to the Sponsor in the event this occurs. The timing of the delivery of the Vehicle is currently undetermined and may not be available for delivery until the spring or summer of 2020. The winner is responsible for obtaining a valid driver’s license, vehicle registration and insurance prior to taking possession of the Vehicle. Failure to provide the Sponsor or its agent with satisfactory proof of a valid driver’s license, vehicle registration and insurance shall result in forfeiture of the Vehicle. The Vehicle is not eligible for any options, upgrades, promotional programs or incentive support (e.g., gas cards, subvented finance rates, etc.). The Vehicle cannot be traded or exchanged in order to obtain the benefit of options, upgrades, promotional programs or incentive support. Any options or upgrades offered by the dealer on the Vehicle are not eligible for any promotional programs or incentive support.
- RANDOM DRAW: Twenty-eight (28) eligible prize winners will be selected by random draw from all eligible entries received. These winners will receive a pair of tickets each to come to the Vancouver Giants game on March 20th, 2020 and have a chance to win the grand prize. One (1) eligible grand prize winner will be selected by random draw from all twenty-eight (28) qualified entrants during the second intermission of the game. The odds of being selected as a qualified entrant depend on the total number of eligible entries received; the odds of being selected as the grand prize winner are 1 in 28. The first such contact will be attempted by telephone, social media identifier (or by the applicable account) or e-mail within forty-eight (48) hours of the draw and, if unsuccessful, further attempts to contact the eligible winner will be made on three (3) further occasions by telephone, social media identifier (or by the applicable account) or e-mail, at the discretion of the Sponsor. Once contacted, the eligible winner has a further fourteen (14) days to claim the Vehicle, as described in paragraph 8 below. If an eligible winner cannot be contacted within fourteen (14) days of the draw, or if contacted, does not claim his or her Vehicle within fourteen (14) days of being contacted, or does not meet all of the Contest conditions, he/she will forfeit the grand prize and another entry will be selected from all remaining eligible entries. If the independent contest organization is unable to contact an eligible winner after attempting to contact three (3) eligible winners, or if no eligible winner claims his or her grand prize, the Vehicle will be forfeited and will not be awarded.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: To win, the eligible winner must first have complied with the Rules and correctly answered, unaided, a time limited skill testing question to be administered by e-mail, or telephone. The eligible winner will then be instructed on how to claim the Vehicle, which will consist of the following: (a) signing a standard release form (the “Release”) confirming compliance with and agreement to be bound by these Rules; (b) acceptance of the Vehicle as awarded; (c) signing the Bill of Sale with the designated Chevrolet dealer, which includes arrangements by the eligible winner to pay the expenses identified in paragraph 4; (d) releasing the Sponsors, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram Inc., General Motors of Canada Company, BC Chevrolet dealers, their respective directors, officers,partners, employees, from any and all liability; and (e) complying with any other reasonable requests for information by the Sponsor, the independent contest organization or the designated Chevrolet dealer. As stated in paragraph 7, the eligible winner has fourteen (14) days after he or she is contacted by the Sponsor or the independent contest organization to claim the grand prize, otherwise the Vehicle will be forfeited. Delivery of the Vehicle is as described in paragraph 6. The decision of the Sponsor is final. Entries are subject to verification and the Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify a person if he/she enters this Contest or tries to do so by any means contrary to these Rules or which would be unfair to other Entrants or where Contest entries are generated by any unauthorized mechanical or automated means. Entry materials that have been tampered with, reproduced, falsified or altered are void. In the event that an eligible winner is disqualified for any reason, the Vehicle may be awarded to an alternate winner by random draw from among all remaining eligible Contest entries. Any attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of law and may be subject to remedies and damages, including criminal prosecution. This Contest is subject to all federal, provincial and municipal laws of Canada. This Contest is void where prohibited. Each entrant acknowledges that the Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram Inc. or Facebook.
- PUBLICITY: By entering the Contest, each Entrant agrees to be bound by these Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and/or independent contest organization, and consents to the use of his or her name, address (city and province), photograph, image and/or voice without payment or compensation, in connection with any publicity or advertising in any medium carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor with respect to this Contest. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
- LIABILITY: The Sponsor, its affiliated and related companies, advertising and promotional agencies, the independent contest organization, Facebook, Instagram Inc., General Motors of Canada Limited, BC Chevrolet dealers and their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, successors, insurers and assigns shall not be responsible for any injuries, loss or damages of any kind (compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential or otherwise) with respect to, or in any way arising from, this Contest or the prize awarded, including but not limited to: (i) lost, stolen, not received, destroyed, damaged, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, fraudulent or late entries, and all such entries will be void and not eligible; (ii) failure to receive entries for any reason or technical failures or errors of any kind, including but not limited to incorrect or inaccurate capture or loss of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omissions, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer lines or networks, computer equipment, servers, software, traffic congestion on the internet or any website, any other online communication problems, or any combination thereof; (iii) seeding or printing or typographical errors in any Contest related material or human error; or (iv) any injury or damage to a participant’s or to any other person’s computer system(s) due to viruses or breaches of privacy from interference by third party computers. Entries that have been tampered with or altered are void. If it is determined that an Entrant has entered the Contest in a fashion not sanctioned by these Rules, the Entrant will be disqualified and his or her entry will be disqualified. A prize winner’s refusal or inability to accept the Vehicle shall release the Sponsor from all obligations to that person. In no event shall the Sponsor be held to award more prizes than what is mentioned in these Rules or to award prizes otherwise than in compliance with these Rules.
- OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES: These are the Official Contest Rules.