Friday night at the Langley Events Centre the Vancouver Giants dropped a hard-fought 3-2 decision to the visiting Everett Silvertips. Everett goaltender Dustin Wolf stopped 34 of the 36 Giants shots he faced while Wyatte Wylie (1G, 1A) and Gage Goncalves (2A) had two points each for Everett. Dylan Plouffe and Cole Shepard responded with goals for the Giants. The final shots were 36-22 for Vancouver.
SILVERTIPS HOLD OFF LATE GIANTS SURGE
VAN – At 11:21 of the first, Dylan Plouffe notched his second goal of the season for the Giants off a one-timer from the right-wing circle. Lukas Svejkovsky started the play by stripping the Everett defenceman and setting up Plouffe’s second of the season.
VAN – Cole Shepard increased the Giants lead to 2-0 on a power play goal at 15:54. Tristen Nielsen drew the lone assist on Shepard’s second goal in a span of three games.
EVT – With less than a minute left in the period, Silvertips forward Martin Fasko-Rudas tipped home a Wyatte Wylie point shot past David Tendeck. Gage Goncalves earned the second assist.
Shots: 14-5 Vancouver
EVT – Wyatte Wylie tied the game tied the game for Everett at 7:02 on a power play. His low shot from the right-wing circle appeared to switch directions and sneak past David Tendeck. Gianni Fairbrother and Gage Goncalves assisted on the play.
EVT – The game’s final goal came at 9:21, also on a power play. Jackson Berezowski converted off a two-on-one rush with Max Patterson giving Everett their third unanswered goal.
- Everett had four power plays in the second period.
Shots: 11-9 Everett.
- The Giants hit two crossbars and a goal-post in the final frame, but were unable to solve Dustin Wolf.
Shots: 13-6 Vancouver
Final Score: Everett 3 – Vancouver 2
Final Shots: 36 – 22 Vancouver
David Tendeck: 19/22 saves for Vancouver (5-4)
Dustin Wolf: 34/36 saves for Everett (7-3)
Vancouver: 1/2 on the Power Play
Everett: 2/6 on the Power Play
- Dustin Wolf (EVT – 34/36 saves)
- Dylan Plouffe (VAN – 1G)
- Gage Goncalves (EVT – 2A)
- With an assist on the Giants second goal, Tristen Nielsen increased his team-lead in scoring to 14 points.
- With his goal, Dylan Plouffe has now notched eight points (2G, 6A) in his last nine games for the Giants.
- Milos Roman (7) and Tristen Nielsen (6) combined for 13 of the Giants 36 shots on Friday night.