Wednesday evening inside the RE/MAX Hub in Kamloops, the Vancouver Giants (10-9) dropped a 3-0 decision to the Prince George Cougars (9-7-2-1). Koehn Ziemmer scored a pair of goals in the second period and Tyson Upper sealed the game with an empty-netter. Taylor Gauthier stopped all 26 shots he faced in the Cougar net while Drew Sim countered with 13 saves for the Vancouver Giants.
GIANTS NOW SIT AT 9-8
Shots: 9-6 Prince George
PG – The game’s first goal came at 4:36 of the middle-frame on a breakaway courtesy of Cougars rookie forward Koehn Ziemmer. Ziemmer made a nifty move to the backhand on a deke to secure his eighth of the season.
PG – Ziemmer wasn’t done. He struck again at 17:31 when he took the puck from the corner, skated into the slot, and spun and fired a low shot by the pad of Drew Sim. Riley Heidt added the lone assist.
Shots: 12-4 Vancouver
PG – Tyson Upper cemented the victory for Prince George with an unassisted empty net goal at 18:31.
Shots: 8-3 Vancouver
Final Score: Prince George 3 – Vancouver 0
Final Shots: 26-16 Vancouver
Drew Sim: 13/15 saves for Vancouver
Taylor Gauthier: 26/26 saves for Prince George
Vancouver Power Play: 0/2
Prince George Power Play: 0/6
- Taylor Gauthier (PG – Shutout)
- Koehn Ziemmer (PG – 2G)
- Riley Heidt (PG – 1A)
- The Giants have held their opponent to 20-or-fewer shots against in nine of the 19 games they’ve played.
- Tristen Nielsen led all Giants with five shots on goal.
- Wednesday’s loss marked just the second time this season that the Giants have been shutout.
- The Giants finish the 2020-21 season with a 2-4 record against Prince George.