Friday night in Brandon, MB the Vancouver Giants dropped a 3-0 decision to the Brandon Wheat Kings. Las Vegas Golden Knights prospect Jiri Patera turned aside all 40 Vancouver shot attempts to earn the shutout for Brandon. Ben McCartney, Luka Burzan and Braden Schneider chipped in with goals. Trent Miner made 29 saves for Vancouver.
GIANTS FALL IN BRANDON
BDN – With exactly one minute to go in first, Ben McCartney (3) converted on a breakaway to move Brandon ahead 1-0. Luka Burzan had the lone assist.
Shots: 15-12 Vancouver
BDN – Luka Burzan extended Brandon’s lead to 2-0 at 8:22 on a five-on-three power play. Burzan one-timed home a feed from Ridley Greig from the right-wing circle.
Shots: 13-10 Vancouver
BDN – Braden Schneider grabbed the game’s final goal at 10:56 on a power play off a Ridley Greig rebound.
Final Score: Brandon 3 – Vancouver 0
Final Shots: 40 – 32 Vancouver
Trent Miner – 29/32 saves for Vancouver (1-3)
Jiri Patera – 40/40 saves for Brandon (2-2)
Vancouver: 0/7 on the Power Play
Brandon: 2/9 on the Power Play
- Jiri Patera (BDN – 40 saves)
- Ridley Greig (BDN – 2 assists)
- Braden Schneider (BDN – 1 Goal)
Next Game: The Vancouver Giants continue their Prairie road swing tomorrow night in Winnipeg, MB. The puck drops at 5:30 PM PT.
- Giants forward Tristen Nielsen led all skaters with eight shots on goal.
- Friday’s game marked the first time in six games that the Giants did not record a power play goal.
- Friday’s game marked the first time in six games that Justin Sourdif failed to register a point. It also marked the first time in four games that Milos Roman didn’t register a goal.
- The Giants have now outshot their opponents in five of their first six games.