Friday December 6 @ Victoria, 7:05pm (TEAM 1410)
- The Giants are in Victoria for the first time since the beginning of the season (September 21). Royals’ 20-year old forward Logan Nelson currently leads the team in scoring.
- Minnesota native Logan Nelson has 12 goals and 19 assists (31 points) in 31 games for the Royals. Nelson was drafted by the Buffalo Sabres in the 5th round (133rd overall) of the 2012 National Hockey League Draft.
- Last Meeting: The Giants spoiled the Royals’ home opener with a 2-1 victory over Victoria on September 21.
Saturday December 7 @ Victoria, 7:05pm (TEAM 1040)
- The second game of back-to-back games in Victoria, the Giants hope to close the gap between the two teams. The 4th place Royals are 6 points ahead of the 8th place Giants.
- The Giants are 1-1-0-0 against the Royals so far this season.
Tuesday December 10 vs. Victoria, 7:00pm
- Victoria is in town for the first time since Vancouver’s home opener back on September 20 when the Royals beat the Giants 4-2.
- The Royals are second in the BC Division with 39 points and the Giants are in third place, 6 points behind them.
- This meeting will mark the 5th of 10 meetings between the two teams and will be the third and final game of a mini series.
Giants This Week Podcast
- Don Hay talks about the team’s most recent win against the Kootenay Ice, and Jared Rathjen’s play as of late.
- Giants’ humanitarian Anthony Ast joins Brendan Batchelor to talk about his charitable work and accomplishments off the ice.
- The podcast can be heard HERE.