– Saturday night in Kelowna the Vancouver Giants (39-13-2-1) earned their seventh straight victory – A 2-0 triumph over the Kelowna Rockets (23-28-4-1). Milos Roman and Jared Dmytriw supplied the goals for the Giants while David Tendeck stopped all 22 shots he faced to earn his third shutout of the season and the sixth of his career. It was the fourth straight victory for the Giants in Kelowna and it moved them into first place in the Western Conference standings.
Shots: 9-6 Kelowna
VAN – Milos Roman (22) opened the scoring for the Giants at 13:19 on a power play. Roman’s team-leading 14th power play goal of the season was assisted by both Davis Koch and Justin Sourdif.
Shots: 10-5 Vancouver
VAN – 35 seconds into the final frame, Jared Dmytriw snapped his 14th of the season through Kelowna starter Roman Basran and home. Jadon Joseph earned the lone helper on Dmytriw’s insurance marker.
Shots: 10-7 Vancouver
Final Score: Vancouver 2 – Kelowna 0
Final Shots: 26-22 Vancouver
David Tendeck: 22/22 saves for Vancouver (19-9-1-1)
Roman Basran: 24/26 saves for Kelowna (17-16-2-0)
Vancouver: 1/5 on the Power Play
Kelowna: 0/6 on the Power Play
- Jared Dmytriw (VAN – GWG)
- David Tendeck (VAN – 22 saves, SO)
- Roman Basran (KEL – 24 saves)
Next Giants Game: Monday afternoon at 3:00 PM at home against the Portland Winterhawks.
- With the win the Giants now sit atop the Western Conference standings with 81 points. The Everett Silvertips also have 81 points, but they’ve played one more game than the Giants have.
- Giants captain Jared Dmytriw has scored goals in three straight games. Over his past seven games, Dmytriw has netted four goals along with three assists for seven points.
- In six meetings against the Rockets, the Giants are now 5-0-0-1. They’ve held the Rockets to just seven goals against through six games. Two of their four wins at Prospera Place have been shutouts.
- The G-Men are now 22-3-1-1 against the B.C. Division.